Friday, June 4, 2010

I have my kitchen stuff back... plus more!

So Paige moved into our apartment on Sunday, and as you may have heard, she had been holding all my kitchen stuff hostage in her storage unit. A week without pots and pans seems so much longer than just a week. Either way, I am quite thankful to be able to make the simplest spaghetti again.

Yesterday, Heather and I went to Ross to go shopping for dresses and stuff. Somehow, we ended up in the kitchen stuff aisle, as always. Heather's purchases included a colander, some pie plates and a square baking pan, and I, well, just about raided the aisle. There are so many kitchen gadgets available these days that you wouldn't believe are actually, well, things that people have invented. A super-nifty flour sifter, for one. Really adorable, tiny strainers, which I suppose can be used for berries and other small fruits (even though larger, less adorable but more useful strainers also work for tiny things, but, shh). A strawberry container that looked like a giant strawberry! And there was a whole set of adorable egg things that were shaped like eggs with eyes and beaks and cuteness, including an egg flipper? (It was really just a very egg-shaped spatula-like apparatus, with the same adorable egg figure on it.) The only thing stopping me from buying every (reasonably priced) item in that aisle was, well, having to justify my purchases to Jake, and I didn't feel like being up to more scrutiny than necessary.

Anyway, I did leave with an adorable t-shirt, in addition to the round and square cake pans, wooden spoon set, and new measuring cups.



Next time I intend to go shopping for sunny sundresses, strappy sandals and the like, I may go to a store that does not include a kitchen stuff aisle. I tend to get lost in those places.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for reading my page & leaving the coconut oil tip. I'll have to try that this weekend sometime. I do have crazy hair, so maybe it's the solution! I have a question for you too, how did you get adds on your page? Do you have to pay for them with Blogger? I know that Wordpress doesn't really allow them. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Teenage Gourmet.

    No, Blogger uses Google AdSense, so I do not pay to have them on my page. It's actually really easy. I just started this blog recently, though, so I am still just seeing how it goes.

    Mira

    ReplyDelete